Bomb Threat Closes Ford Romeo Engine Plant
Ford has released the following statement about what’s happening at the factory: “The Ford Romeo Engine Plant was reopened at 12:47 PM after law enforcement investigated and cleared the site. The afternoon and evening shifts are expected to report at their usual start times. Further questions on the investigation by law enforcement can be directed to the Romeo Police Department.”
Due to a bomb threat, Ford has evacuated its Romeo Engine Plant, and law enforcement is on the scene. According to the Detroit News, police with bomb-sniffing dogs are searching the building, which covers over 2 million square feet.
Ford spokesperson Mike Moran wouldn’t disclose to Autoblog how the threat was received but said that it came in between 7:00 a.m. and 7:30 a.m. Eastern on July 30. “The day shift was sent home,” he said. According to the Detroit News, the second shift was also asked not to come in. About 500 people work at the plant, Moran indicated.
At this time, Moran said that there hadn’t yet been an update from law enforcement whether anything had been found in their search. The Romeo Police Department confirms to Autoblog that it’s handling the investigation. However, the authorities wouldn’t comment further about what is happening at the plant at this time.